PR University - PR Tools
A press kit is a pre-packaged set of informational materials distributed to members of the media for promotional use. Contents include some or all of the following:
- Press Release (news about events, new products, promotions, etc.)
- Company/Campaign Profile
- Fact Sheets
- Product Images
A press release is an announcement issued to the news media and other targeted publications to highlight something with legitimate news value and consumer relevance. Typically, a press release is emailed, mailed, or faxed to assignment editors at newspapers, magazines, radio stations, and/or television stations. Commercial press release distribution services are also commonly used to distribute news releases to nationwide and regionally specified members of media.
An effective company profile can engage and attract the right customers or supporters for a business. For media attention, a business needs an intriguing profile to entice editors or reporters to gain an understanding of the company's mission, products, services, personnel and uniqueness.
Fact sheets are documents that itemize pertinent information about a given subject, product or topic.
- Industry fact sheets: Includes topline information on the state of the industry with point-of-view of the given company.
- Event and product fact sheets: Provides specifics of a special event, related features and/or the latest product(s) that would spark consumer interest.
- Thought starter fact sheets: Outline reasons for the media and consumers to ask questions and actively learning more about a specific product or topic.
Images and graphics are a great way to convey messages and help journalists and the public better understand your company and products.
- High-quality photography is an important investment
- Photography and graphics are typically distributed on CDs as JPEG files
- High-resolution images are 300 dpi and above
- Low-resolution images are 150 dpi and below